Texas Iron & Metal is an essential critical infrastructure company. This means that we are open for business and ready to help our customers with their ongoing and future projects.
As all our thoughts are on the COVID-19 pandemic, the wellbeing of our valued clients and employees remains our top priority. Since the outbreak began, we have been adhering to CDC guidelines and to the ‘Stay Home, Work Safe’ order issued for Harris County, Texas.
It is of utmost importance that we provide our staﬀ and customers alike with a safe environment. In order to accomplish this, we have put a number of workplace health and safety preventive measures in place, including:
- For everyone’s protection, personal protective equipment (PPE), and especially face coverings, are required inside the office, at the sales counter, as well as anywhere in our facility where our customers and employees may be fairly close together
- Face masks are provided to customers and pickup drivers who do not have their own, should they want one
- We are adapting to managing all projects online to allow our employees to work from home while still caring for our customers
- Thorough instructions are provided to both our employees and customers concerning how to stay safe and follow healthy personal and environmental hygiene practices
- Practicing of social distancing at work is required. Additionally, we encourage practicing of social distancing at home and outside the home or car
- We offer support in terms of safe and healthy practices to assist customers who are or have been in contact with someone who has been infected with COVID-19
- Employees who are showing or experiencing any symptoms of illness are required to stay at home
Moreover, Texas Iron & Metal has a COVID-19 task force focused on working on other opportunities that further promote workplace health and safety. We will explain these next steps and recommendations in detail as they are developed.
Load ‘n’ Go Service
We now oﬀer curbside service for account holders and customers with prepaid orders. These orders should be paid via credit card or cash transfer prior to pick up. The new service allows us to better serve our customers’ needs while keeping high public health and safety standards.
We continue to work diligently to provide the same level of service you have come to expect from Texas Iron & Metal. As an extra precaution, we currently ask our customers to call one of our sales representatives ahead to place their orders. This way, we will be able to serve you faster and more eﬃciently. However, should you show up on-site, we will be happy to assist you!
We look forward to serving your steel and processing needs as we look towards a better tomorrow, together.