We Want You!Texas Iron & Metal is one of the oldest and most respected providers of Prime and Less-than-Prime© steel and pipe in Houston. We are proud of the people we work with and our company’s reputation. As a dynamic, fast-paced organization, we are always looking for qualified and talented individuals to share and implement our ongoing mission to provide a special Texas Iron & Metal experience to all of our customers.
We supply these benefits to our valued team members:
- Self-directed 401(k) with 100% matching
- Profit-sharing retirement plan (self-directed)
- Health, life, dental and optical insurance
- Paid personal days, vacation days and holidays
- A company culture that rewards positive attitudes and promotes personal development
- A workplace that has never experienced layoffs
- Challenging and fulfilling professional career opportunity
The main responsibilities of the Inventory Control Coordinator will be to assure all materials are received in the proper timeframe, transferred accurately, maintain an accurate inventory through cycle counting, and conducting physical inventories. Since this position will work closely with co-workers and vendors on a daily basis, communication and diplomacy are a critical component of this position.
The expectations for this position are:
- Maintain a high level of ethics and lead by example.
- Treat all co-workers and customers with respect.
- Perform inventory cycle counts on a regular basis to assure the accuracy of inventory. This will include inventory stored at off-site locations.
- Manage physical inventory.
- Investigate errors in inventory with urgency and be involved in the decision-making processes to establish new policies and procedures as they relate to inventory.
- Conduct daily inventory inspections to determine if material needs to be transferred from off-site and/or on-site locations.
- Determine locations for inbound material before it arrives and have the receiving documentation prepared in advance of the material arriving.
- Process receiving for stock material.
- Add new items into the inventory system, as the need arises.
- Conduct daily inspections for organization of the warehouses to assure the physical inventory is marked correctly and in their proper locations.
- Utilize the inventory system to determine and make recommendations in adding new products to inventory.
- Be involved in the training and testing of new hires as it pertains to material types and inventory processes and procedures.
- Communicate with the General Manager on a regular basis concerning problem areas and progress on projects. The may also require the Inventory Control Coordinator to communicate with the Warehouse Manager, when it involves warehouse personnel.
- Conducting audits on receiving documentation and materials that have been received.
- Working in conjunction with the Warehouse Manager, inspect loads as they arrive to compare materials to the purchase order(s). This will be a general audit to verify the condition and the material types to compare the items on the purchase order are what are on the load.
- Communicate with the Sales Representatives and Material Coordinators concerning possible errors in inventory.
- Mid-Senior Level